Global Manufacturer Saves $4 Million by Refining Its Hardware Refresh Strategy
To address inconsistent support, a lack of communication, and increasing service calls for IBM storage maintenance, an international manufacturer turned to Service Express to improve service efficiencies and establish reliable support.
Following years of exceptional service and expertise, the manufacturer was ready to partner with Service Express to meet its EMC storage support needs.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
in CapEx savings
Added to useful
Extra time & cost savings redirected to essential IT projects
Implementing the traditional OEM three-year refresh cycle
- Spending multimillion dollars on CapEx every three years due to EMC dictating the refresh strategy
- Refreshed equipment provided little to no performance improvements
- Facing rising OpEx spending to plan, coordinate and provide internal resources for a refresh every three years
Add disk space and extend the life of EMC equipment by three years
Service Express offered a more effective approach to the OEM-endorsed refresh cycle:
- The Service Express hardware solutions team evaluated performance and capacity needs on all EMC systems to determine necessary upgrades
- Presented reliability data for EMC hardware showing it to be stable long after the OEM-recommended refresh timeframe
- Added additional disk space to meet the company’s storage capacity and to extend the life of equipment
CapEx and OpEx savings shifted to fund essential IT projects
With a new hardware refresh strategy, the IT department has more control in planning for its next refresh. The cost and time savings can be redirected toward other resources and essential IT projects.
Data Center and Network Third-Party Hardware Maintenance
100 Verified Reviews >
as of April 11, 2021
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Interested in learning more about third-party maintenance?