Retailer Saves $264K Annually
on Data Center Maintenance
As a result, the retailer started looking for a third-party maintenance provider with expertise in lowering costs and developing long-term partnerships. The company turned to Service Express for data center solutions.
New York, New York
In OpEx savings
Decrease in maintenance costs
Extended hardware refresh cycle by 2 years
Following the traditional OEM refresh cycle
Service Express identified several roadblocks including:
- Overspending on post-warranty maintenance by paying for 24/7 coverage on all systems regardless of the criticality
- IT department spending time installing shipped parts from partner despite paying for 24/7 onsite service
- Following the traditional OEM refresh cycle – resulting in the high cost of refreshing equipment every three years
After Service Express presented the identified challenges, the retailer decided to move forward with strengthening its support strategy and use the advantages of a consultative partnership with Service Express.
hardware refresh cycle and improving service delivery
Given that the existing equipment met the retailer’s needs, Service Express suggested a new approach to its refresh strategy:
- Extending the hardware refresh cycle from three to five years
- Customizing service levels by criticality
- Providing an onsite engineer response for all required repairs
Created a long-term strategy to reduce OpEx and free up internal resources
Opting for Service Express’ recommended solutions, the company reconfigured its hardware refresh cycle and equipment coverage approach. As a result, the IT department saved over $264K annually in OpEx costs. This 60% decrease in maintenance spend offered additional peace of mind and freed up time for the team to spend more resources on essential projects and enjoy the helping hand and increased productivity provided by Service Express solutions.
Data Center and Network Third-Party Hardware Maintenance
100 Verified Reviews >
as of April 11, 2021
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Interested in learning more about third-party maintenance?