Field Service Engineer
We're always interviewing for these roles!
Grand Rapids, MI
Don't see the location you are looking for…apply anyway! We are growing and always looking for service-oriented troubleshooters to join our nationwide team! As a Field Service Engineer at Service Express you will…
Join our teamApply
Don't see the location you are looking for…apply anyway! We are growing and always looking for service-oriented troubleshooters to join our nationwide team!
As a Field Service Engineer at Service Express you will be joining a team that strikes the profound balance between taking care of both the hardware and the customer.
You will spend time providing server support while delivering exceptional customer service with each interaction. This position does require driving to customer sites whenever a call is placed and we reimburse for travel expenses, as you would use your own vehicle. Travel typically consists of service calls within a 100-mile range, as well as periodic training, and at times traveling out of state. When on call, you may have to drive to any of these locations at any time of day or night.
Learn more about how our ExpressConnect technology brings our engineers, service delivery and customers together:
You may be a fit for the position if you are…
- Driven by helping others
- Energized by solving challenging problems
- Passionate about working hands-on with computer hardware
- Motivated by working in collaborative team atmospheres
A day in the life of this position is…
- Maintaining and repairing data center hardware equipment (primarily mid to high-end servers and other storage devices) of assigned accounts
- Understanding and delivering on response time, follow up, and resolution commitments to customers and teammates in order to build trust and ensure loyalty
- Engaging Purchasing department for parts inventory, Technical Support partners for escalation process, and local Sales team to help exceed customer expectations
- Completing ongoing training in order to develop and/or maintain technical acumen
What will help you be successful in this position….
- Strong troubleshooting skills with at least a basic knowledge of computer hardware
- On-call availability for 24×7 customer needs as part of a scheduled rotation throughout the local service team
- General field service experience preferred but not required
Here is what Service Express can offer you…
- Workplace flexibility that empowers ours employees
- “Hire the Will and Train the Skill” culture with an effective field service training program
- Access to best-in-class support teams within our service-oriented company
- Personal growth and advancement opportunities
- Several health insurance offerings that start on day one
- 401K with company match
- Paid volunteer hours and birthday off
- 50% health club membership reimbursement
Service Express is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the country you are applying to is a precondition of employment. Service Express does not sponsor applicants for work visas.